In the librarian consultant program, each UDM librarian is assigned to work with a number of academic programs for collection development and evaluation. In turn, the college or school Dean designates a faculty liaison from each academic program to work directly with a librarian.
The librarian consultant program is a joint effort of the librarians, faculty members, and library administrators. The purpose of the librarian consultant program is to establish and maintain a pattern of communication between the librarians and the college teaching faculty to
- Build and evaluate collections (including links to external web sites) of study and teaching resources for use by students and faculty
- Assess the strengths and weakness of the book, journal, and media collections
- Communicate library policies and new programs to the faculty
- Promote library services to the departments, especially research skills/information literacy presentations
- Apprise the librarians of departmental developments which may warrant new or changed library services
- Inform librarians in a timely manner of curricular modification, new or discontinued courses or degree programs, and pending program accreditations.
Click here to see the librarian consultants for each discipline.