Today's Hours: CLOSED [ALL]
Text [beta]: 313-288-2060
Discussion Board "Netiquette"
1. Know the rules of the discussion board and post messages according to the guidelines provided by your instructor. Different instructors may have similar, but different rules.
2. Follow standard rules of grammar and composition when writing. Check your work for clarity and quality before posting. If references are required, be sure to use the appropriate citation style.
3. Think before you post. Consider typing your post in a word processing program such as Word ahead of time. If necessary, save a draft of your post and reread it later before making it public.
4. Don't simply post "I agree" (or "I disagree"). Support your statements with facts and clarify your own position.
5. Remember to show respect for the opinions and ideas of others, even when you disagree.
6. Post only appropriate comments relating to the subject being discussed. Although off-topic comments may sometimes be acceptable (they can provide background information on the topic at hand), try not to stray too far from the subject at hand.
7. Keep in mind that offensive language, and bothering others online will not be tolerated by instructors.
8. Don't use
9. Think of being part of an online community as being part of any community and act appropriately.