Questions or comments on this site? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection
Original name: Thomas Jefferson.
Ship owner: C.M. Reed et Alii., 1834
Ship builder: S. Jenkins., 1834, Panama, Erie
Engine builder: J. P. Allaire., 1834
Year ship built: 1834
Year engine built: 1834
Creator: C.M. Reed et Alii.
Final disposition: Altered in 1844 to elevator (Lytle List) and (EH).
Notes: Engines removed in 1884 and put into Louisiana in 1845. Illustrated by S. W. Stanton (p.42).
Registry number: None too early.
Hull number: None
Vessel type: Passenger and freight, sidewheeler
Height: 9.8 ft.
Width: 26.8 ft.
Length: 174 o.a.
Gross tonnage: 428 t.
Engine type: Cross-head, L.P.
The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The documents may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material, the University of Detroit Mercy Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection, must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.