PASSPORT for Faculty
Get the form
Faculties of the Jesuit colleges and universities now have onsite borrowing privileges at all 28 Jesuit institutions of higher education in the United States. The Jesuit Library Passport is a nationwide reciprocal borrowing program. Faculties have access to the collective holdings of all Jesuit institutions, including:
- Over 20 million books
- 200,000 print journals
- 30 million microforms
- 800,000 audio/visual materials
UDM faculty member must complete a Jesuit Library Passport borrower form and submit it to a member of the Circulation Department in either the McNichols Campus Library or the School of Dentistry Library to establish on-site borrowing privileges at any other U.S. Jesuit college or university library. UDM library personnel will verify the faculty member has not abused local library privileges or privileges accorded by other consortial agreements before authorizing privileges under this program.
Procedures for AJCU Lending Library
- Faculty member must present the completed AJCU Borrowers Form and a UDM photo ID card at the service desk of the lending library.
- The lending library will, upon presentation of a properly completed AJCU Direct Borrowers Form and photo ID card, register the faculty for borrowing privileges.
- The lending library will determine specific privileges, including the maximum number of materials that can be checked out and establish a specific end date for borrowing privileges.
- The lending library will issue a library card and/or create an electronic record, in accordance with local practice, and provide information regarding library policies and loan periods.
- The lending library may refuse to renew a patron's borrowing privileges or checkouts if there are outstanding fines or lost materials charges on the faculty member's record.
- The lending library will send overdue notices and bills to borrower.
- The lending library determines the replacement cost of materials.
If a faculty member is on a research leave or expects to travel to one of the other Jesuit institutions and wants access to that library's collections (this excludes medical and law libraries), please pick up a form at the UDM Check Out & Customer Service Desk or complete the following 2-page form and hand in at the Check Out & Customer Service Desk. Library personnel will be happy to authorize your borrowing privileges under the Passport program.
Information compiled from the AJCU Library Deans documents and Jesuit Library Passport brochure.